Sunday, August 11, 2013

Girl's Painted Bedroom Furniture

To my friends out there

who love to go thriftin' and junkin' for

treasures to paint and redo,

I know you might be able to relate to

my garage so full of stuff I can't get my car in storage issue.
But boy, do I have great furniture finds lined up to paint.

Priorities.
Last week I was busy painting this
girl's bedroom furniture set:


A vanity that went from old fashioned

to "oh my sweetness"



Pin It!

A little vanity chair to go with

that got a good dose of soft and cute:



Pin It!

And a tall chest of drawers

that was lacking in the personality department

and now has loads of charm:



Pin It!


Altogether now:




And to go with this comforter set:




So I pulled color and pattern from the bedding

so that all pieces would coordinate.

(comforter from Bed Bath and Beyond)

Plus, the girls wanted some owl love in the design.

So, for starters,

I found these adorable glass owl knobs

at Hobby Lobby.




Here on the vanity I used a glaze loaded brush,

then double loaded with blue and white.







































Pin It!

What a soft dreamy palette for a girl's room.


Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

 Link Parties:













26 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Adorable!!!! Love the colors and the sweet little owl!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Oh my! How Beautiful.
Your work is amazing as usual.
Love the colors.

Sandi

20 North Ora said...

What a precious set for a little girls room. Just beautiful. You've outdone yourself on this one.

Judy

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the designs and the bright colors. The owls are just charming.

Krista Aasen said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that owl desk Deb - so adorable!! I can soooo relate to the garage issue - gradually trying to get through my stockpile so that we can park our boat in it again come the fall:)

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

A perfect match to the bedding! You did an amazing job.

Unknown said...

How stinkin' cute!! Luv what you do with your creations!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, what cute pieces, I love the colors and the stripes, plus that owl is toooooooo precious. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love what you did with this girls bedroom set Deb!

Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe said...

Oh, my. Those are gorgeous pieces. You did such a beautiful job. The detailing is just amazing. My daughter would go crazy over these pieces.

~FringeGirl

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi I am amazed at how beautiful you made the furniture look! I saw it on I gotta create.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Absolutely adorable!! I'm not a little girl and I'd love it!!

Lindsay said...

WOW!! This is so awesome!!! You did a great job!!!

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Love your dressers, especially the owl. You make painting lines look so easy! Pinned this to one of my sister's boards. We're getting ready to redo my nieces room. Great ideas. Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

Feral Turtle said...

You make everything look so easy Deb. What a pretty set.

Shabby Marilyn said...

precious and a great job, lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful girls room! You did an amazing job!! I love the owls too!!

I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Deb, This is the cutest little girls set and perfect with the comforter. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and look for your feature at this weeks party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Kathy said...

So perfectly girly - love the owls - such a sweet owl you painted - you did an amazing job creatively using the colors from the comforter. I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Great job! I really love the set, so cute and femenine.
Besos from Argentina, Silvina

Good Time Charlie said...

So, so, so cute!!! You have a never ending list of ideas! This is just perfect with the new comforter set too. What a lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Love it! What lucky ill' girls! Do you happen to know or remember when the comforter set is from?

Deb Hrabik said...

Hi Janet!
Bed Bath and Beyond
So cute, right!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa said...

By any chance do you know what that bedding was called? I was trying to find it online at Bed Bath & Beyond, but have had no such luck =( You did an awesome job with the furniture!

Deb Hrabik said...

Hi marissa,
Sorry I don't know the name.
Wish I could help